Friday, September 30, 2011

How to properly ring in the change of seasons...

In our house, it wouldn't be fall unless we pick up a child from school with a 102.5 degree fever, wheezing, and the croup. Please, oh please let this pass quickly, relatively painlessly, and without a trip to the emergency room. And while I'm wishing, it would be awfully nice to not pass the illness around through all members of the family including the grandparents this time.

The first illness award this year goes to Ava. It is interesting though. The last time Ava was sick, last spring, she couldn't really communicate about it. This time, just as the 4 hour dose of acetaminophen was wearing off she came to me and said, "Mama, my mouth hurts." As pitiful as that was, I was grateful that she finally has the words to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics