Monday, December 19, 2011

Initial SH: Free Speech Therapy Articulation Picture Cards

Description

These articulation picture card sets are designed to be more comprehensive than the typical sets you might find elsewhere. The target audience for these sets are young children or children with more severe speech delays that need intensive practice with sounds at a one-syllable level. No blends or vocalic /r/ sounds are included in these sets. (Scroll down to preview set.)

Key Features

  • This set includes 24 therapy cards with the target word and picture on the front, and the difficulty level and a carrier phrase on the back.
  • The words are all CV or CVC in syllable shape.
  • The words are simple and are easily understood by or easily taught to young children.
  • Combines the target sound with all possible vowel sounds at least once.
  • Words are sorted by difficulty level for an easy progression from easy to hard.

Permissions

I give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set provided that:
  1. Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
  2. No copies are altered without my express consent.
  3. No one makes a profit from these copies.
  4. Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.

Looking for Feedback

I would love to hear back from anyone who uses this card set. Let me know if you find errors or there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.

Where can I find more?

More sets are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page.

Card Sets

To download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.

I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.






5 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I think your cards are awesome and so helpful. My son has been kicked out of speech for doing too well and I am continuing at home and cannot afford to buy the artic cards or anything, so this has been great! I was wondering if you considered making an "S" set? He used to have "s" down, but has started to do more of an "sh" instead, so I was going to try to reinforce his "s" a bit. He only does it at the beginning of words. :) Just curious, it would be awesome if you did!! Thank you for all that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad the cards are helping you work with your son at home. I actually have been sitting on an initial /s/ set that is about an hour from being finished for a couple of weeks but not getting around to it. I'll try to finish it up tonight and post it for you tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much. I am a public school SLP with many years of experience. I have a first grader this year who has the most severe apraxia i have encountered thus far. Your cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best! offering these great pics for free. Thank you so much, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am an SLPA that sees kids at school and at home, but it always seems that the good materials that I find on-line are behind Teachers Pay Teachers. I absolutely believe that people deserve something for their hard work, but after five years, I am still trying to save every dollar that I can while I try to get more clients and get into grad school. I can use these flashcards with some of my students who want packets instead of teletherapy. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics