If you like this free S-Blends set you might want to check out the comprehensive S-Blends Speech Therapy Kit now available in the Testy Shop.
DescriptionThis articulation picture card set is designed to be more comprehensive than the typical sets you might find elsewhere. The target audience for this set is young children or children with more severe speech delays that need intensive practice with sounds at a one-syllable level. No blends (other than the targeted initial blend) or vocalic /r/ sounds are included in this set. All syllable shapes are kept as simple as possible to allow the child to focus as much as possible on producing the initial blend. Syllable shapes are CCV or CCVC only.(Scroll down to preview set.)
- This set includes 30 therapy cards with the target word and picture on the front, and the difficulty level and a carrier phrase on the back.
- This set includes 6 one-syllable words for each blend: /sl/, /sm/, /sn/, /sp/, and /st/.
- The words are all CCV or CCVC in syllable shape.
- The words are simple and are easily understood by or easily taught to young children.
- Combines the S-blends with all possible vowel sounds at least once.
- Words are categorized by difficulty level for an easy progression from simpler to harder.
PermissionsI give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set provided that:
- Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
- No copies are altered without my express consent.
- No one makes a profit from these copies.
- Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.
Looking for FeedbackI would love to hear back from anyone who uses this card set. Let me know if you find errors or there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.
Where can I find more?More sets are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page.
Card SetTo download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.
I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.